Dear English Majors and Graduate Students,
When classes resume after our extended Spring Break, instruction will take place entirely online. The English Department faculty and staff are here for you, to support you in any way we can as we all make this extraordinary transition. Whatever challenges you are facing, we hope you will reach out to us.
To those of you who are graduating this term: you can make it. If you need help, ask. And whether or not NMSU holds its usual Pan Am ceremony, we will be celebrating with you in May.
Below are some resources to help you get online and navigate the rest of the semester. We are in this together. Please, stay in touch, and stay well!
Liz Schirmer, Department Head
If you are new to Canvas and/or to online learning, here are some easy links to help you get started. You should be able to get up and running in about 30 minutes.
Please check the Canvas Student Tour Short Videos
Read the Student QuickStart Guide
Search the Comprehensive Canvas Student Guide
Search the Respondus Lockdown Browser FAQ Guide
Advising Information for Undergraduate English Major
If you have questions about:
- Your current classes, please contact your instructor(s)
- Undergraduate degree programs, advising, or registration: Dr. Ryan Cull, email@example.com
- Graduate admissions or degree programs, Graduate School requirements, or comps/exams/defenses: Dr. Brian Rourke, firstname.lastname@example.org
- he Writing Program (ENGL 111G, 203G, 211G, 218G): Dr. Kerry Banazek, email@example.com
- The Writing Center: Dr. Gina Lawrence, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any other English Dept questions: Dr. Liz Schirmer, email@example.com